The RBI Grade B exam is one of the highest posts for which recruitment is conducted in the banking sector. A job in the central bank of the country is a dream for lakhs of aspirants and with the high level of exam and the tough competition, only a handful are able to crack the exam.
Discussed further below in this article are the key tips which can help a candidate score more in the Officer grade examination conducted by the Reserve Bank of India.
Currently, the RBI Grade B 2021 recruitment is ongoing. While the Phase I and II examination are complete, Interviews are in process and the final results are yet awaited. Candidates who missed an opportunity in the previous recruitment can start their preparation now to ace the upcoming examination.
The minimum qualifying marks are released by the conducting body only after all the final stage of the selection process is complete and candidates can check the RBI Grade B Cut Off from the previous years at the linked article. This will help them apprehend the standard of the examination and competition.
Scheme of Selection & Exam Pattern
Before moving on to the preparation part, candidates must familiarize themselves with the selection scheme, the exam pattern for different stages and the syllabus for the exam. The Grade B officer exam for General/DSIM/DEPR posts is conducted in three stages:
- Phase I (Prelims)
- Phase II (Mains)
The Phase I online examination comprises a single Paper for 200 marks. The paper will consist of:
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude and;
Given below is the exam pattern for the Phase II examination (General):
|Name of Paper||Type of Paper||Proposed Time||Marks|
|Paper-I: Economic and Social Issues||50% Objective Type
50% Descriptive, answers to be typed with the help of the keyboard
|Paper-II: English Writing Skills||Descriptive, answers to be typed with the help of the keyboard||90 minutes||100|
|Paper-III: Finance and Management||50% Objective Type and 50% Descriptive, answers to be typed with the help of the keyboard||120 minutes||100|
The Interview is conducted for 75 marks and the final shortlisting is done based on the marks scored in Phase-II examination and Interview.
8 Tips to Excel the Grade B Officer Exam
- Strategise a Study Plan – Once the candidate understands the exam pattern and the syllabus for the examination, he/she must prepare a time table, wherein, a strategic study plan must be set with separate time for all the subjects
- Collect Study Material and Books – With apt and sufficient study material and books, candidates can prepare even without an external assistance
- Separate Preparation Strategy for Prelims & Mains – Since the syllabus and the nature of the exam for the Phase I and II stages is different, candidates must set their strategies accordingly for the two phases of the examination
- Take assistance, if needed – There are multiple coaching institutes and online portals which help with the RBI exam preparation. Candidates can get assistance from these to excel in the examination
- Solve Mock Tests and Practice Papers – One of the best ways to understand the exam pattern is by solving mock tests and practice papers. This helps the candidate understand the type of questions that may be asked in the final exam
- Refer to Previous Year Question Papers & Exam Analysis –This will help the candidate apprehend the standard of examination and analyse which questions are important from the examination perspective
- Check the Cut Off Marks – With the increasing competition, the minimum qualifying marks have also increased over the past few years. Thus, candidates must check the cut-off and analyse the trend change in the qualifying marks
- Stay Calm and Positive – The bank exam preparation can be overwhelming for the candidates. So, it is important that the applicant does not over-pressurise himself/herself and must stay positive at all times without worrying about the result
Bank exam aspirants can also visit the RBI Grade B Result page and get details about the result status, list of shortlisted candidates and the steps to check the result.
Aspirants who wish to crack the Grade B Officer exam must continue with their preparation, keep a positive attitude, devote separate time for revision and follow the tips discussed above, to ace the upcoming examination.